Dear Prospective Participant,
Thank you for your interest in participating in a Bike & Build program! We are very excited for you to join us in 2021, and want to share some important details before you progress through this application.
1. This application is solely for Hubs and our Volunteer, Awareness, and Advocacy Program (VAAP). If you are trying to apply for a Community Ride, please visit our website for event signup links.
2. This application is for both Hub Leaders and Hub Riders. The deadline for the Austin Hub leadership position is February 1st. The deadline for the Boston, Twin Cities, Seattle, and Denver Hub leadership positions is Monday, March 1st. Hub Participant positions are open until filled. For more information on the Hub Leadership role, see the job description here.
3. Hubs and VAAP are open to young adults between the ages of 18-29 at the time of their program start date. For an 'all ages' option, please see our Community Rides.
4. After you finish this application and are enrolled, you will need to download a series of agreement and waiver PDFs to print, sign, and upload to the account you create through this online application.
5. In order to participate in a Bike & Build program, you must carry personal medical insurance for the duration of your selected program.
You can expect this online application to take 30 minutes. If you have any questions about the application or our programs in general, please email us at [email protected]
Erik Wright, Program Director (he/him)Casey Eisenreich, Director of Operations and Development (she/her)Lauren Hamilton, Director of Outreach and Communication (she/her)
Bike & Build does not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression and wants to consider the needs of all our participants. Please consider this question optional and reach out to us if you'd like.
Cycling is an inherently dangerous activity that can result in serious injury or death. You should know, understand, and own responsibility for the risks inherent in what you are about to do.
Bike & Build is hiring exceptional young adults to serve as Team Leaders to produce and run our Hub events. Team Leaders work with Bike & Build’s central office from the winter through the completion of our trips to recruit and support trip participants, facilitate Bike & Build's Affordable Housing Curriculum, coordinate fundraising efforts, plan trip logistics, and lead the event during the summer. They receive a small stipend for their efforts. For more information on the Leadership role, view the job description here. If you're interested in taking on this role, let us know below.
You may also apply as a participant, in the case that you're not selected as a Team Leader. If you are not hired we won't tell your Team Leaders or teammates that you applied.
If you selected VAAP, you can drag and sort your desired VAAP Placements in the order of your preference. If you're unable or unwilling to participate in a particular placement you can remove it from the list. If you chose Hub, just simply skip this section.
Please answer the following questions to give us an idea of why you're interested in participating in a Bike & Build program. If you'd like to copy these questions and answer them in a separate document to give yourself more time, you can click "Save and Continue" to log back into this application at a later time.
Please answer each question within a 300-word limit.
Bike & Build strives to make our programs accessible to all, including young adults from low-income backgrounds and diverse communities. We provide limited financial assistance each year to open doors for more young adults to participate in a Bike & Build program. Find out more about financial assistance.
© 2021 Bike & Build.
1901 S 9th St #410
Philadelphia, PA 19148
© 2020 Bike & Build. An Engenius Website.