Updated March 2nd
The health and safety of Bike & Build participants, build partners and overnight hosts is the top priority of our organization.
COVID-19 and its variants are ever evolving, therefore Bike & Build will continue to monitor guidelines from the Center of Disease Control (CDC) to ensure our mitigation practices and policies protect every stakeholder’s health and safety. If there are any updates to our policies or 2022 trips, this page will be updated, and participants and partners will be notified accordingly.
Bike & Build requires all participants to be fully vaccinated (including a booster shot if applicable) from COVID-19 within two weeks of their ride start date. Participants will be required to provide proof of vaccination:
- The record of immunization from a health care provider or pharmacy;
- A copy of the COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card;
- A copy of medical records documenting the vaccination
- A copy of immunization records from a public health, state, or tribal immunization information system; or
- A copy of any other official documentation that contains the type of vaccine administered, date(s) of administration, and the name of the health care professional(s) or clinic site(s) administering the vaccine(s);
Participants are required to provide a negative PCR test taken 72 hours prior to the ride start date.
On The Road
Each team will be provided N95 masks and 1 rapid test per participant in the case of exposure. If a positive case occurs while on the road, Bike & Build will take each situation with the utmost care and seriousness. Here are potential scenarios if a positive case occurs:
- If a positive case occurs early on the trip, the impacted participant(s) will be required to isolate for the recommended isolation period provided by the CDC at the time. Once isolation is completed and a negative COVID test is received by trip leaders, the participant(s) will be invited to meet the team and continue their ride.
- If a positive case occurs within the final two weeks of a trip, the impacted participant(s) will be unable to remain with the team and may be asked to forgo the remainder of their ride.
If a positive case occurs on the road, Bike & Build will work with the impacted participant(s) to coordinate isolation measures and/or travel to/and from the participants location at the time of exposure and their isolation location.